We've analyzed the 2016 NFL Schedule against 2015 defensive rankings and have prepared a tool to help you with your strategy for the coming season. Ordered from easiest overall schedule to most difficult overall schedule, the teams and their schedules are locked in. Take a look.
Notes from the editor:
- The Dallas Cowboys have the easiest overall schedule, playing five "bottom 6" teams, and six more "bad" defenses. They only have three tough match-ups all season
- New Orleans got stuck with the toughest schedule this year, playing 10 tough games, with only four games against "bad" defenses.
- Washington will likely get off to a fast offensive start, since they play 7 easy games to start the season.
- Even though Tampa Bay has nearly the toughest overall SOS, they have excellent match-ups at playoff time. A slate of New Orleans, Dallas and New Orleans in weeks 14-16, make the Buccaneers' stars good buy low candidates.
- The New York Jets have a rough schedule early in 2016, playing CIN, BUF, KC, and SEA in their first four weeks will make the early season difficult.
- It may be wise to keep your distance from the Miami offense during playoff time in 2016. The Dolphins play three difficult match-ups, of which the final two are in the Northeast blizzard zone (NYJ and BUF).
- The New York Giants have a nice finish to the fantasy season, playing six straight "easy" defenses weeks 11-16.- The Bears have a bitter sweet FF finish, playing five "bad" defenses and of those five games, four are at home. Unfortunately, that means cold, windy, likely snowy conditions for the Bears.
- Finally, the Packers offense may slow slightle late in the FF year. Playing HOU, SEA, @CHI, and MIN in cold weather (though three are at Lambeau) weeks 13-16... Aaron Rodgers and his weapons could be solid sell high pieces midseason.